Monitoring and Controlling Multiple Projects, 30 PDUs (Classroom, 5 days)
In today’s fast-paced working environment, your success depends on your ability to manage and prioritize the competing demands of simultaneous projects.
The process of monitoring and controlling multiple projects presents challenges that go beyond time management and priority setting. And the most skilled project managers align their plans and schedules with organizational priorities. This course will equip you with tools and methodology you can easily apply when taking on multiple projects, programs, and portfolios.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Know your responsibilities when managing projects, programs and portfolios
- Apply effective multitasking strategies
- Implement effective monitoring processes for multiple projects
- Establish multiple project control and reporting
- Develop an infrastructure to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Apply Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices for project, program and portfolio management
- Overcoming multi-project management challenges
- Program and portfolio management overview
- Metrics and dashboards
- Earned value and variance analysis
- Productivity and efficiency
- Role and benefits of the project or program management office (PMO)
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Project managers, coordinators, control officers, and sponsors
- Program managers
- Portfolio managers
- PMO managers
- Any individual managing multiple projects
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course counts as 30 PDUs, helping you earn or maintain your PMI credential.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Project Management Diploma
- General Management Diploma